- Client Forms
- Hot Topics
We have a beautiful apple tree in our backyard that provides us with more apples than we know what to do with come Fall. Yesterday, my 5 year old and I went out to pick some and after getting a nice basket full I asked her what we should make…we contemplated as she ate one. We debated between an apple, apple chips, apple sauce, apple muffins or apple butter. She decided that we should make apple fries with our spiralizer. So we tried all three plates on the spiralizer and decided that each is great in it’s own way. We ended up with some very nice thin pieces of apples and two different thicknesses of spiral fries. Once we spiraled all of apples we spread them out on a baking sheet and sprinkled them with cinnamon. I forgot to put parchment paper down which would have been very smart, next time! We baked the thinly sliced apples for 2 hours and the spirals for 3 hours. In the end we had a delicious after school snack for all the kids. If you haven’t guessed, I’ll probably be posting some healthy ways to use apples over the next couple of weeks since we have an abundance of them to eat up! In the meantime, you can enjoy this easy and healthy snack with your kids!
Baked Cinnamon Apple Frites
An easy and healthy snack for your whole family to enjoy!
Write a review
- 4 apples (I leave the skin on but you can peel)
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- If you would like to peel your apples, peel them. I leave the skin on.
- Use a vegetable spiraler (any plate works but for fries the thicker spiral is nice) or slice thinly.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread spiraled or sliced apples onto the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour, toss, bake for another an hour (depending on the thickness you may need to put them in longer)
- Once the apple is crispy, remove and enjoy!
- The thinner the slices the faster they cook.
By The Holistic You
The Holistic You http://the-holistic-you.com/
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Working with Lisa and the Holistic You has been one of the best things I have ever done for my health. Lisa's compassion, kindness, knowledge and skill are incredible. I have learned so much from her that has helped me to not only lose and maintain healthy weight loss but introduce myself and my family to important changes in how and what we eat that will support us for a lifetime. Thank you, Lisa!!! You are the best!
Robin Young Groton, MA