- Client Forms
- Hot Topics
What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic nutrition addresses the unique nutritional needs of the whole body while taking into account the individual’s health history, lifestyle, genetic patterns, detoxification and digestive health requirements. Through combining a variety of dietary strategies and supplemental support, holistic nourishment is based on the body’s own powerful ability to balance, self-correct, and enhance the entire functioning of the organism. To encourage detoxification and support of specific organ systems, Lisa creates an effective customized nutritional program for each client with specific strategies that may include:
- Nutrient Availability—complete evaluation of macro- and micro-nutrients necessary for specific organ function, optimum vitality and energy production.
- Alkalizing Foods—the addition of alkalizing foods to maintain healthy pH for optimum metabolic and system functioning.
- Food Elimination—the elimination of food allergens to support digestive and immune health.
- Food Combination—maximizing digestion and assimilation in body to reduce toxic residues that cause fatigue and illness.
- Detoxification—using decongesting and detoxifying foods to support organ cleansing, elimination, and maximum functioning.
- Raw Foods—integrating raw foods in diet to maximize enzymatic activity, assisting digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
- Nutritional Supplementation—maximum facilitation of healthy organ functioning and healing through specific herbal and nutritional supplements. Lisa incorporates compassionate coaching to facilitate a healthy and loving relationship to one’s self to allow the mental and physical changes necessary to promote a lasting shift in healthy body function, image, and weight management. Nutritional awareness is essential when looking at chronic patterns of compromised immunity, metabolic, hormonal and weight issues, fatigue, sugar cravings, congestive issues and allergies, digestive and skin issues, pain, inflammation, insomnia, and anxiety. As healthy and balanced detoxification strategies are an important part of dietary and lifestyle changes, Lisa may recommend herbal remedies and bodywork treatments as well as customized nutritional program.
What should I expect at my first visit?
Please come prepared with a diary of what your diet has been in the past three days (or more, if you can). You will fill out an in-depth questionnaire and assessment and we will take a lot of time to discuss your health history, your relationship with food, what foods you like, how keen you are on cooking, and take various measurements for benchmarking results. Together we will create a contract with attainable goals for the next week, month, year…….
How often are appointments scheduled?
Each individual requires a different approach. We will create a plan that works for you time-wise and monetarily.
What type of support can you expect?
You are the only one that can make a difference in your food choices and lifestyle — but support is key! Lisa is available for questions and support in between appointments via email and phone. Please allow 24 hours for her to respond.
How do I pay?
Currently, we accept all major credit cards, cash and cheques. If there is a returned cheque a $30 fee applies.
Are your services covered under insurance?
Unfortunately, insurance does not cover our services. But we are happy to work with you on payment options.
Are there flexible payment options?
Your health is most important, we do everything we can to work with you. Please, don’t hesitate to ask.
What if I can’t make my appointment?
We understand that life is hectic, if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment kindly provide us with 24 hours notice or a charge will be incurred.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Working with Lisa and the Holistic You has been one of the best things I have ever done for my health. Lisa's compassion, kindness, knowledge and skill are incredible. I have learned so much from her that has helped me to not only lose and maintain healthy weight loss but introduce myself and my family to important changes in how and what we eat that will support us for a lifetime. Thank you, Lisa!!! You are the best!
Robin Young Groton, MA