- Client Forms
- Hot Topics
What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic nutrition addresses the unique nutritional needs of the whole body while taking into account the individual’s health history, lifestyle, genetic patterns, detoxification and digestive health requirements. Through combining a variety of dietary strategies and supplemental support, holistic nourishment is based on the body’s own powerful ability to balance, self-correct, and enhance the entire functioning of the organism. To encourage detoxification and support of specific organ systems, Lisa creates an effective customized nutritional program for each client with specific strategies that may include:
- Nutrient Availability—complete evaluation of macro- and micro-nutrients necessary for specific organ function, optimum vitality and energy production.
- Alkalizing Foods—the addition of alkalizing foods to maintain healthy pH for optimum metabolic and system functioning.
- Food Elimination—the elimination of food allergens to support digestive and immune health.
- Food Combination—maximizing digestion and assimilation in body to reduce toxic residues that cause fatigue and illness.
- Detoxification—using decongesting and detoxifying foods to support organ cleansing, elimination, and maximum functioning.
- Raw Foods—integrating raw foods in diet to maximize enzymatic activity, assisting digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
- Nutritional Supplementation—maximum facilitation of healthy organ functioning and healing through specific herbal and nutritional supplements. Lisa incorporates compassionate coaching to facilitate a healthy and loving relationship to one’s self to allow the mental and physical changes necessary to promote a lasting shift in healthy body function, image, and weight management. Nutritional awareness is essential when looking at chronic patterns of compromised immunity, metabolic, hormonal and weight issues, fatigue, sugar cravings, congestive issues and allergies, digestive and skin issues, pain, inflammation, insomnia, and anxiety. As healthy and balanced detoxification strategies are an important part of dietary and lifestyle changes, Lisa may recommend herbal remedies and bodywork treatments as well as customized nutritional program.
What should I expect at my first visit?
Please come prepared with a diary of what your diet has been in the past three days (or more, if you can). You will fill out an in-depth questionnaire and assessment and we will take a lot of time to discuss your health history, your relationship with food, what foods you like, how keen you are on cooking, and take various measurements for benchmarking results. Together we will create a contract with attainable goals for the next week, month, year…….
How often are appointments scheduled?
Each individual requires a different approach. We will create a plan that works for you time-wise and monetarily.
What type of support can you expect?
You are the only one that can make a difference in your food choices and lifestyle — but support is key! Lisa is available for questions and support in between appointments via email and phone. Please allow 24 hours for her to respond.
How do I pay?
Currently, we accept all major credit cards, cash and cheques. If there is a returned cheque a $30 fee applies.
Are your services covered under insurance?
Unfortunately, insurance does not cover our services. But we are happy to work with you on payment options.
Are there flexible payment options?
Your health is most important, we do everything we can to work with you. Please, don’t hesitate to ask.
What if I can’t make my appointment?
We understand that life is hectic, if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment kindly provide us with 24 hours notice or a charge will be incurred.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
In January 2013 I realized I needed to do something to improve my health. I spent 2012 on maternity leave and often neglected taking care of my own health (sleepless nights and caring for a tiny human will do that!). Not to mention the many years before that where health was at the bottom of my list of priorities. Luckily, I discovered Lisa's 30 day green smoothie challenge. The recipes were incredible and a green smoothie drinker was born! But I didn't stop there. Starting each day in such a healthy way led me to consult with a naturopath (it would have been Lisa if we were in the same city), do an elimination diet, and discover that I have sensitivities to wheat and milk. I changed to a whole foods-based diet (most of the time) and took up running. In the span of 8.5 months I went from being tired and sluggish on the couch (literally - I could run for one minute at a time before having to walk) to having enough energy to run the Detroit International Half Marathon. I actually RAN the whole thing! And I lost almost 60lbs along the way! Thank you, Lisa, for being my catalyst. Your challenge kept me interested in a new way of living and saved me! I continue to drink a green smoothie every day for breakfast. What a wonderful way to start each day!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Imogen Meloche Windsor, Ontario