Over the last two weeks life has been hectic.  I haven’t given an update because I’ve slowed things down a bit and was refocusing.  Working on balancing combining my busy life and all the exercise I would love to be doing!  If I could I’d be exercising everyday still but this isn’t feasible with our life right now.  A few changes I made for me these past two weeks were: my food journal and exercise.  I stopped my food journalling online because I felt like I was focusing on calories too much, and honestly, I’m not a big believer in calorie counting when you are choosing healthy, fresh, clean options.  However, one of my findings while journalling was that I definitely wasn’t eating enough food to help my body build muscle with all the exercise I was doing.  So, I pulled back on my exercise and my journalling.  Over the last two weeks I have lost 2 pounds at total of 12 pounds in 6 weeks. This falls into the healthy, sustainable weight loss zone so I am pleased!  I haven’t measured myself, I think I’ll save that for the end of the month.  

I know I could be losing more, more quickly but this is not a race and we shouldn’t be stressed by our health regimen.  I was very focused on getting the first 10 pounds off and now that I’ve gotten there I’ve switched my mentality to slow and steady progress.  My nutrition is close to the same but I am allowing myself a little more wine and snacks when we are out.  I’m living real life now and I’m not stressing about my choices as long as I know that I am choosing clean 80% of the time and consciously making choices the other 20%.  I’m still seeing results so this is working for me and it is a much more balanced approach.

In terms of exercise, I have been running at least three times a week.  I was very happy the other day when I ran 3 miles at a 9:36 pace (which is quite good for me, I rarely get a sub-10 time).  I have been doing a couple of tabatas (or high-intensity-interval training) per week and I’m hoping to up that just a tad.  We also bought a bike seat for the back of my bike so I can tote my 2 year old with me on bike rides.  I see many family bike rides in our future; I get our two year old and my husband will get our 5 and 3year old in the double bike trailer and our 7 year old will be speeding past us!  Watch out rail trail here comes the Hicks-Kolodziej Krew!

I’m hoping to lose 3 more pounds by the end of the month.  Wish me luck!

Next: 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water


I would love to hear from you...please leave your thoughts.