- Client Forms
- Hot Topics
The other night was one of those crazy-hectic-crazy-I-have-no-time-to-make-dinner kind of a nights. I spent a couple of minutes looking through the recipes that I have posted on my site and found one I liked…BUT I didn’t have the ingredients. Next thing I knew I’m doing my own thing with 4+1 kids running around my legs. This took me literally less than 10 minutes from start to finish (with some helpful shortcuts that didn’t compromise nutritional value).
A delicious, fast and healthy teriyaki bowl that will leave you wishing you had doubled the recipe (seriously, double the recipe!)
Write a review
- 3 bell peppers (time crunch: use frozen pre-cut peppers)
- 1 15oz can of chick peas, rinsed and drained (if you have time used dried cooked chick peas)
- 1 bag pre-washed spinach
- 1 bag microwaveable brown rice (available at Trader Joe's) (if you have time use dried cooked rice)
- 1 tablespoon flax oil (optional)
For the sauce
- 6 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon kelp granules (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Sauté peppers and chick peas on low-medium heat.
- Cook microwaveable brown rice per instructions. If you are making dried rice prepare in advance based on instructions.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking.
- Add rice, spinach and sauce to sauté.
- Serve on a bed of greens.
- It is always great to cook your chick peas or other beans from scratch because it improves the digestibility. We are all busy and sometimes can't, be ok with that. Same with the brown rice and frozen veggies, we lose minimal if any nutritional value by choosing these options and they can make meal time healthier when we may turn to a more unhealthy option in a time crunch.
By The Holistic You
The Holistic You http://the-holistic-you.com/
Tagged with: 10-minute meals
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Working with Lisa and the Holistic You has been one of the best things I have ever done for my health. Lisa's compassion, kindness, knowledge and skill are incredible. I have learned so much from her that has helped me to not only lose and maintain healthy weight loss but introduce myself and my family to important changes in how and what we eat that will support us for a lifetime. Thank you, Lisa!!! You are the best!
Robin Young Groton, MA